Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grandpa Charlie's Visit

We're moving house this weekend! That means we have interrupted internet beginning on Friday and it might not get reconnected for a week! I figured I had better put up some photos from Charlie's visit while I can. What has he been up to these past three weeks?

Lawn Bowled on the weekends


(Roxy spends her time at Bowls in the sandy gutters.)


Explored the rugged scenery on Straddie (and took pictures meant to scare Grandma Doreen back at home).


Acted as a barber.


Played Wii tennis and baseball.


Climbed an epic boulder in Girraween National Park (Can you make him out about 2/3 of the way up?)

Assisted Roxy on her first bushwalk (she walked 500 meters mostly by herself to Curtis Falls in Mt. Tamborine National Park).

(She didn't like being carried through treacherous sections.)


Worked out with Nate.


Spent time being Grandpa.


He also played lots of mandolin, ate meat pies and kebabs, went to an Aussie Rules Football game, caught World Cup fever, celebrated Nate's birthday with oysters, visited some museums, ate up everything I cooked (even the disastrous rugelach), went on an historic walk, helped out immensely when we were searching for a new place to live, was a great friend to this homesick stay-at-home mama AND also managed to fit in a whole lot of nothing (he's on vacation, for goodness sakes!). 

He's leaving tomorrow morning. :( Come back soon, Grandpa! Until then, Roxy will make sure you get tucked into bed for plenty of nap time. I wonder where I can find a tiny wooden mandolin...?


2 comments:

Doreen said...

It totally worked! I saw the picture and thought, ooo, dangerous cliff next to the ocean. Then I read the caption and laughed. Just love the idea of tiny grandpa doll taking naps.

Corks said...

Don't worry - they were far from harm's way. :)

The tiny grandma doll takes her naps in the bathtub or couch. Grandpa gets the bed all to himself.