Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Busy, busy (but who isn't?)

It's been pointed out to me that I haven't updated since the beginning of May! Sheesh! Where does the time go?
Ah yes, the time goes to building impenetrable forts!

I guess there's nothing really new or exciting to blog about. Life in Australia is pretty boring these days. The weather has cooled off nicely and we're enjoying bundling up under blankets at night. This is the best time of year to live in Queensland: cool nights and warm days and not too much rain.

Our good Aussie girl wearing her Uggs on a chilly morning. (She's wearing an eyepatch to help get her peepers aligned. No pirate jokes, Aunt Becky!)

We're looking forward to a visit from Nate's dad next week. He will be here for three weeks, with a solo sojourn to Sydney in there somewhere.

Roxy put Grandpa doll into bed for a nap. She's practicing for when he gets here.

That's all for now. This last picture was requested by Katie (about a month ago). Taken tonight of preggo me just days from the six month mark. No endless summer pregnancy this time around!

Now accepting name suggestions! We are at an impasse for a boy name!

9 comments:

nate said...

uh... what impass? The kid's name is Odysseus.

Gilliatt said...

Odysseus sounds good. Also, "Max Power".

Hannah B said...

Let's start with the A's: Atticus, August, Arne, Aristotle.

Corks said...

You two are just encouraging him! (Sorry, Hannah. Not going to name him/her after your disabled bird. :)

Eileen H said...

My dad wanted to name me Asgard... but somehow Mom nixed that so it's up for grabs. Some almost/not quite rights you are free to have from our little guy are Dominic, Hugh, Stellan, Theo, Desmond... but they might be permanently nqr. Congrats - I can't wait to see your newest collaboration!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cory and Nate, congratulations. I bet you are so excited to be having the second clan member arriving soon. How about Jarrah- it is about as Aussie as you can get- Aborigianl for Eucalyptus marginata! I am heading to a mozzie conference in Sept north of you guys, would love to catch up but just realised you might be busy with a new bub and a toddler. Anyway will let you know and see how you are travelling.
Lou XXX

Corks said...

Hannah - One of our top boy choices is a "B" name. It's not Beckett, Bartholomew, Babar or Bosley. It's actually kind of boring compared to those names.

Eileen - Asgard is an amazing name. Imagine how different your life would have been had you been called that! "Come on Asgard" doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Lou! I met my first Jarrah at a library sing-a-long. Definitely an Aussie name. Bub #2 isn't due until Oct. 3. Even if he/she arrives early, we would really love to see you.

PMcGee said...

So . . . not sure if you'rehaving a girl or not, eh? If you have another girl, I think the name choice is obvious (think literary heroine, as well as sister's name for Bruce Springsteen and Ben Stiller--makes a great sister name). FOr a boy, I wanted Jacob (after my grandpa) or Jesse (which Tim said NONONO to immediately. In light of certain recent events, I guess that makes sense. Have fun choosing!! We miss you all and hope to see you sometime soon--Hugs to everyone!
PMcGee

jen said...

i LOVE the name Beckett! but what happened to LeBron? :)