Today marks two years since we left the homeland for this sunburned country. When we first arrived, I didn't know if I would last six months, let alone two years. But here we are, with no immediate plans to leave, raising our two Aussie babies on the outskirts of Brisbane.
Although she's an American citizen, I think Rox qualifies as an honorary Aussie. She recognizes emus, koalas and wombats in books (but not squirrels), has vegemite on her toast for morning tea, endures nappy changes, sleeps in a cot, and loves going for rides in the pram. Oh, and she enjoys the occasional bikkie as a treat.
I wanted to get a family picture to accompany this post, but I just haven't done it yet. So for now, you'll have to be satisfied with a collage:
Doc in his grunge onesie.
She thinks she's pretty funny (we think so, too).
Nate on paternity leave.
Me and Doc freshly sprung from hospital.
3 comments:
Two years! We are going to try to come out in early February. Is that an OK time?
Congrats on your Brisbanniversary! Sounds like Australia's growing on you guys too, not to mention surprisingly blonde li'l Roxie.
Down here we've got chooks in the backyard and cockatoos in the front, plus the occasional possums and kookaburras. I miss the States, but maybe this isn't such a bad place to be. :)
Hannah - We would love to see you anytime. February is hot, hot, hot, but maybe it won't be no thang for you North Carolinians...
Ainsley - Rox is turning into quite the blondie. That's what living in the Sunshine State does to you! Your three years will be up soon. Sounds like you're planning to stay?
Post a Comment