A new digital network launched here about a week ago. It's all sports, all the time and it's all free!
As far as Aussie sports go, we've been watching of AFL, Rugby League, Rugby Union and just a touch of cricket. Nate's become such a fan of Rugby League that he's decided we'll name our first son after a New Zealand player. You'll have to ask Nate about it if you want details.
There are epic broadcasts of Netball, which is a women's sport that we're still trying to understand/appreciate. It's actually pretty awesome to see hours primetime programming dedicated to women's sport.
NBA games are shown all afternoon and the NCAA basketball games were on, but only from the Elite Eight onward and they weren't live, but we'll take what we can get! But we're not so desperate - we turned off the NCAA Championship at halftime last night - what a boring game!
And now. The best part. They're broadcasting Major League Baseball games five times a week! Wonderful, right? The only catch is the games are on from noon-3:30 during the week so Nate won't get to watch any of them.
I, on the other hand, get to watch as much as I want (and as much as Miss Rox allows). I can't believe I'm actually watching the live Dodgers-Padres game right now! I was just telling Nate the other day that I want to track down a baseball scorebook to follow the Dodgers this year. I love to collect data!
We're both pretty stoked about this new network and we're wondering how much American football we'll get to see!
2 comments:
About naming you first son after a NZ rugby player. Can you pick a retired one? Those famous sports figures can turn infamous without warning--drugs, gambling, steroids. I know its not my call.
As for the Dodgers, I was a Dodgers fan as a kid when they were still from Brooklyn, so I guess I can give you a free pass for not be a Phillies fan.
Go Dodgers... except Manny didn't live up to the way Ryan was talking about him. :) I wanted him to hit a home run so bad! Baseball is about the only sport I can stand watching. And Petco Park is really nice... BUT they were out of Veggie Dogs at the concessions. UgH!!
Post a Comment