Friday, February 6, 2009

Marsupials and the heat (two posts in one day!)

It's been warm in Brisbane this summer, but it's been downright unbearable for folks down in the southern part of the continent. In many places, there have been many days in a row of temps above 40-45 C (104-114 F). I saw these pictures on a website I often read. The story is these people live in southern New South Wales this baby koala came ambling up to a back porch looking for some relief (even if it's not true, these pictures are still pretty adorable):


(I just have to throw this next one in because our baby likes to bathe in a tub, too)

The next pictures were sent to me from our doula, Janelle. I saw her last week for the first time since Roxy's birth and I told her that the hardest thing about living here has been adjusting to the heat. Apparently, I'm not the only one...

No comments: